The El Dorado Jaycees Scholarship with the South Arkansas Community College Foundation. It was established in 2001 by the general membership of the El Dorado Jaycees. The chapter entered into a five year funding drive to endow the scholarship begining in 2006.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA in college or high school coursework
- Enrolled in at least twelve (12 hours) each semester for a full-time student
- Enrolled in at least six (6 hours) each semester for a part-time student
- Available to new and current students
- Available to students who are either Jaycee members or immediate family members of a Jaycee, including children, siblings, spouses, and parents. Qualified applicants who are not members of the Jaycees will have an opportunity to join the organization.
- Students must demonstrate leadership qualities as evidenced by participation in community service, civic organizations, and/or school-related organizations. Students will submit a short essay of approximately 400 words describing the qualities of a leader and how he or she demonstrates those qualities.
Pays up to $250 per semester for tuition, mandatory fees, and/or books and supplies based on availability of funds
- Based on completion of at least twelve (12) hours each semester for full-time students and six (6) hours each semester for part-time students and a 2.5 GPA
- Must submit renewal application by applicable due date
Visit the South Arkansas Community College web site to apply.